Protection from Pertussis
This fall is shaping up to be a dangerous season for pertussis, the highly contagious, highly dangerous infection better known as whooping cough. Nebraska is one of several states seeing an increase in whooping cough this summer – and experts warn it could only get worse.
The good thing? There are steps you can take to protect yourself and your family:
- Check that everyone is up-to-date with whooping cough vaccinations
- Contact your doctor if you notice any symptoms of whooping cough
- Wash your hands well and often
- If you do cough, cover your mouth
- Keep infants and young children away from anyone with cough or cold symptoms
These blogs were written by various members of the CHI Health care teams.