Year-Round Gingersnap Pumpkin Custard
Ingredients for Gingersnap Pumpkin Custard:
- 1 cup gingersnap cookie broken pieces (12 small cookies)
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin purée
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 whole egg
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
How to Prepare:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Gently oil 8 ramekins and divide the broken cookie pieces evenly in the bottom of the bowls.
- Place the remaining ingredients, except nuts, in a large bowl. With an electric blender, mix until well distributed and smooth.
- Evenly distribute the pumpkin mixture over the cookie pieces, sprinkle with nuts and place ramekins in a 9×13 pan. Fill pan with water to about halfway up the ramekins. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Custard is done when a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove ramekins from pan and let rest for 10 minutes before serving. Serves 8 people!
Notes for the Cook:
If you don’t have 8 ramekins, mini loaf ceramics work as well. If cooking as a pie, spray a 9-inch pie pan and proceed as above without the water-filled pan. Cook for one hour. Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator for several days.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- 168 calories
- 7g protein
- 42g carbohydrate (2g fiber)
- 3g fat (0g sat, 3g mono/poly)
- 149mg sodium
Are you looking for more ways to incorporate pumpkin into your diet? Check out this amazing pumpkin cheesecake recipe!