Year-Round Gingersnap Pumpkin Custard
Ingredients for Gingersnap Pumpkin Custard:
- 1 cup gingersnap cookie broken pieces (12 small cookies)
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin purée
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 whole egg
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
How to Prepare:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Gently oil 8 ramekins and divide the broken cookie pieces evenly in the bottom of the bowls.
- Place the remaining ingredients, except nuts, in a large bowl. With an electric blender, mix until well distributed and smooth.
- Evenly distribute the pumpkin mixture over the cookie pieces, sprinkle with nuts and place ramekins in a 9×13 pan. Fill pan with water to about halfway up the ramekins. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Custard is done when a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove ramekins from pan and let rest for 10 minutes before serving. Serves 8 people!
Notes for the Cook:
If you don’t have 8 ramekins, mini loaf ceramics work as well. If cooking as a pie, spray a 9-inch pie pan and proceed as above without the water-filled pan. Cook for one hour. Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator for several days.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- 168 calories
- 7g protein
- 42g carbohydrate (2g fiber)
- 3g fat (0g sat, 3g mono/poly)
- 149mg sodium
Are you looking for more ways to incorporate pumpkin into your diet? Check out this amazing pumpkin cheesecake recipe!
These blogs were written by various members of the CHI Health care teams.
Leave a comment