Pear-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
For this delicious sweet potatoes recipe, use extra-light olive oil for its light flavor which can be useful in sweet dishes. Sweet potatoes are often referred to as yams, but they’re actually two different vegetables. To save time, you can prepare ahead through step 4.
- 170 calories
- 2g protein
- 35g carbohydrate (6g fiber)
- 4g fat (0g sat, 4g mono/poly)
- 12mg sodium
2 medium sweet potatoes
3 large pears, peeled and sliced into bite size pieces
1 Tablespoons extra-light olive oil
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- Bake whole sweet potatoes at 425° for 45 minutes, or until done. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet sauté pears in olive oil over medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes. Add sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir well for about a minute until sugar dissolves.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, scoop out pulp, leaving skin intact. Mash pulp.
- Mix mashed potatoes and pears together and stir well. Stuff mixture back into shells.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through. Then, garnish the sweet potatoes recipe with chopped nuts if desired.
These blogs were written by various members of the CHI Health care teams.